Jump to Main Content
- Kristiansen, Paul, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological invasions 2016 v.18 no.7 pp. 2093-2106
- Poa annua; altitude; animals; ecological invasion; invasive species; lawns and turf; population dynamics; seeds; soil depth; soil water; viability; weeds; Europe
- ... A native to Europe, Poa annua now has a cosmopolitan distribution and is invasive in the sub-Antarctic. As a major weed in temperate turf, there has been considerable investment in research of the species, but little is known about its ecology in the sub-Antarctic, particularly its reproductive ecology and population dynamics. We characterised the seed bank of this invasive species in the sub-Anta ...
- Kristiansen, Paul, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.116 pp. 61-70
- biochar; burning; carbon footprint; climate; climate change; cooking; crop production; cropping systems; energy; greenhouse gas emissions; heat; households; hulls; life cycle assessment; methane; methane production; ovens; production technology; rice; soil; spring; straw; summer; Vietnam
- ... This study estimated the climate change effects of alternative rice production systems in North Vietnam with different residue management options, using Life Cycle Assessment (LCA). The traditional practice of open burning of residues (System A) was compared with the alternative of converting residues to biochar, which was returned to the same land area from which the residues were obtained (Syste ...