Jump to Main Content
- Licursi, Domenico, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemosphere 2016 v.159 pp. 72-79
- dechlorination; energy conservation; heating systems; irradiation; microwave radiation; molecular weight; oils; polychlorinated biphenyls; polyethylene glycol; potassium hydroxide; temperature
- ... The removal of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) both from siloxane transformer oil and hydrocarbon engine oil was investigated through the application of microwave (MW) irradiation and a reaction system based on polyethyleneglycol (PEG) and potassium hydroxide. The influence of the main reaction parameters (MW irradiation time, molecular weight of PEG, amount of added reactants and temperature) on ...
- Licursi, Domenico, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Waste management 2016 v.49 pp. 469-482
- cardboard; cellulose; cellulosic fibers; chemical treatment; energy recovery; ethylene-vinyl acetate; fuels; levulinic acid; monitoring; papermaking; pulp and paper mills; recycled paper; rubber; screening; solvents; value added; wastes
- ... Recycled paper needs a lot of mechanical/chemical treatments for its re-use in the papermaking process. Some of these ones produce considerable rejected waste fractions, such as “screen rejects”, which include both cellulose fibers and non-fibrous organic contaminants, or “stickies”, these last representing a shortcoming both for the papermaking process and for the quality of the final product. In ...