Jump to Main Content
- Lohmann, Lúcia G., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applications in plant sciences 2016 v.4 no.9
- Bignoniaceae; alleles; chloroplast genome; chloroplasts; genetic markers; genetic variation; genomics; haploidy; intergenic DNA; loci; phylogeography; population structure
- ... Premise of the study: In this study, we developed chloroplast microsatellite markers (cpSSRs) for Pachyptera kerere (Bignoniaceae) to investigate the population structure and genetic diversity of this species.Methods and Results: We used Illumina HiSeq data to reconstruct the chloroplast genome of P. kerere by a combination of de novo and reference-guided assembly. We then used the chloroplast gen ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lohmann, Lúcia G., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Botany 2016 v.94 no.3 pp. 201-213
- Bignoniaceae; genetic variation; herbivores; heritability; natural selection; nectaries; progeny; savannas; shrubs; tropics
- ... Extra-floral nectaries (EFNs) are thought to represent protective adaptations against herbivory, but studies on the evolutionary ecology of EFNs have seldom been conducted. Here we investigate the patterns of natural selection and genetic variation in EFN traits in two wild populations of Anemopaegma album Mart. ex DC. (Bignoniaceae) that have been previously described as contrasting EFN – ant ada ...