Jump to Main Content
- Lütke Eversloh, Christian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2016 v.103 pp. 424-434
- alkalinity; bicarbonates; chlorides; chlorine; desalination; humic acids; hydroxyl radicals; iodates; iodides; mineralization; models; oxidation; ozone; photolysis; pollutants; reverse osmosis; synergism; wastewater
- ... Removal of micropollutants from reverse osmosis (RO) brines of wastewater desalination by oxidation processes is influenced by the scavenging capacity of brines components, resulting in the accumulation of transformation products (TPs) rather than complete mineralization. In this work the iodinated contrast media diatrizoate (DTZ) was used as model compound due to its relative resistance to oxidat ...
- Lütke Eversloh, Christian, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Water research 2016 v.98 pp. 19-27
- Chironomus riparius; anticonvulsants; chronic toxicity; clutch size; ecdysone receptor; lethal concentration 50; mechanism of action; metabolites; midges; molecular dynamics; mortality; population growth; risk; sediments
- ... The antiepileptic drug carbamazepine (CBZ) and its main metabolites carbamazepine-10,11-epoxide (EP-CBZ) and 10,11-dihydro-10,11-dihydroxy-carbamazepine (DiOH-CBZ) were chosen as test substances to assess chronic toxicity on the non-biting midge Chironomus riparius. All the three substances were tested in a 40-day sediment full life cycle test (according to OECD 233) in which mortality, emergence, ...