Jump to Main Content
- Müller, Gunter C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2016 v.32 no.4 pp. 292-299
- Atriplex lentiformis; Culex quinquefasciatus; Culex tarsalis; Pluchea; Tamarix ramosissima; West Nile virus; baits; boric acid; dry environmental conditions; garlic; microencapsulation; mortality; nontarget organisms; oils; sucrose; sugar feeding; toxicity; vector control; vegetation; California
- ... The project goal was to determine how a new vector control strategy that targets the sugar-feeding behavior of mosquitoes, attractive toxic sugar baits (ATSBs), can be used to more effectively control West Nile virus (WNV) vectors in the Coachella Valley, California. Three laboratory studies were conducted to determine the utility of this method for control against Culex quinquefasciatus and Culex ...
- Müller, Günter C., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Acta tropica 2016 v.162 pp. 245-247
- Aedes albopictus; coasts; eggs; habitats; larvae; products and commodities; rivers; Mali
- ... The distribution of Aedes albopictus in Africa has thus far been known to be restricted to coastal Sub-Saharan countries. This report describes the first record of the tiger mosquito in habitats located in Mali, at a significant distance from the coastal areas of the continent. Aedes albopictus was observed over several years in increasing frequency in Mopti in Central Mali and later in the capita ...