Jump to Main Content
- Mathers, Robert T., et al. Show all 2 Author
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.67 pp. 62884-62889
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; amines; citrates; esters; hydrophobicity; molecular models; partition coefficients; polyethyleneimine; stoichiometry; thermogravimetry; water solubility
- ... Citrate esters selectively react with primary (1°) amines on branched polyethylenimine (PEI). As the functionalization occurred, the water soluble PEI transformed into a thermoset. Adjusting stoichiometry and type of citrate ester allowed fine-tuning of hydrophobicity, modulus, and swelling behavior. Based on control experiments of citrate esters with model amines, FTIR analysis of thermosets, swe ...
- Mathers, Robert T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Macromolecules 2016 v.49 no.20 pp. 7868-7876
- chemoinformatics; citric acid; crosslinking; diethylene glycol; electrolytes; esterification; glass transition temperature; glycerol; hydrophobicity; lithium; molecular models; partition coefficients; polyesters; salts
- ... Partition coefficients (LogP) help to quantify hydrophobicity, which can be used to guide the design of polymer electrolytes with targeted properties. Thus, this study combined synthetic experiments and molecular modeling to produce polyester electrolytes that solubilize lithium salts. These polyester electrolytes were derived from natural sources and polymerized with different ratios of polyols ( ...