Jump to Main Content
- Mokni, Nadia
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.14 pp. 1087
- bentonite; laboratory experimentation; mercury; models; porosity; prediction; radioactive waste; sand; uncertainty
- ... In this paper, a double structure formulation is used to describe the behaviour of compacted bentonite/sand mixtures intended as sealing material in underground repositories for nuclear waste. The formulation accounts for the presence of two distinct porosity levels in the material as revealed in the pore size distributions determined by mercury intrusion porosimetry technique. Non-equilibrium hyd ...
- Mokni, Nadia, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Engineering geology 2016 v.205 pp. 81-92
- bentonite; engineering; homogenization; models; monitoring; sand; seals; uncertainty
- ... The paper describes the observations and numerical analysis of the first SEALEX performance test PT-N1 installed in Tournemire Underground Research Laboratory (URL). The aim of this large-scale in-situ test is to investigate the impact of technological gaps on the long term performance of bentonite based seals. The swelling core consists of pre-compacted blocks of MX80 bentonite/sand mixture (70/3 ...