Jump to Main Content
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of phycology 2016 v.51 no.2 pp. 226-241
- Gymnodiniales; new combination; new genus; phylogeny; scanning electron microscopy
- ... We investigated the morphology and evolutionary relationships of Torodinium spp. and Katodinium glaucum , unarmoured dinoflagellates characterized by a small hyposome. An emended generic description of Torodinium was proposed based on light and scanning electron microscopy. Torodinium exhibited a unique combination of morphological features including a minute hyposome, a long episome with longitud ...
- PubMed Central:
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2016 v.18 no.12 pp. 4990-5004
- Bacillariophyceae; Bacteroidetes; Chlorophyta; Cyanobacteria; Precambrian time; alpha-Proteobacteria; community structure; environmental factors; eukaryotic cells; fossils; gamma-Proteobacteria; genes; lakes; metagenomics; microbial communities; nitrogen fixation; oceans; oxidation; photosynthesis; ribosomal RNA; soil; sulfates; sulfides; surveys; Mexico
- ... Modern microbialites are often used as analogs of Precambrian stromatolites; therefore, studying the metabolic interplay within their associated microbial communities can help formulating hypotheses on their formation and long‐term preservation within the fossil record. We performed a comparative metagenomic analysis of microbialite samples collected at two sites and along a depth gradient in Lake ...