Jump to Main Content
- Naqvi, S. M. K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of animal physiology and animal nutrition 2016 v.100 no.5 pp. 938-946
- adults; body weight; heat; heat stress; malnutrition; rams; relative humidity; reproductive performance; semen; testes; testosterone; tropics
- ... A study was conducted to assess the combined effect of heat stress and nutritional restriction on growth and reproductive performances in Malpura rams. Twenty‐eight adult Malpura rams (average body weight (BW) 66.0 kg) were used in this study. The rams were divided into four groups: CON (n = 7; control), HES (n = 7; heat stress), NUS (n = 7; nutritional stress) and COS (n = 7; combined stress). Th ...
- Naqvi, S. M. K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological rhythm research 2016 v.47 no.5 pp. 787-795
- anestrus; artificial insemination; biological rhythms; breeding season; equine chorionic gonadotropin; estrus; estrus synchronization; ewes; lambing; progesterone; rams; semen; semiarid zones; spermatozoa; tropics; vagina
- ... Accelerated lambing system is heavily reliant on reproductive technologies meant to enable off the season breeding in sheep. Therefore, the present study was programmed to assess the effect of breeding season (BS) on fertility of sheep following estrus synchronization (ES) and fixed time artificial insemination (FTAI). A total of 248 and 365 ewes were synchronized and inseminated during the BS (Fe ...