Jump to Main Content
- Nowotna, Anna, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.192 pp. 991-996
- absorption; arabinoxylan; baking; breads; crosslinking; dough; flour; hydrolysis; molecular weight; rye; rye protein; starch; viscosity
- ... The role of water extractable arabinoxylan with varying molar mass and structure (cross-linked vs. hydrolyzed) in the structure formation of rye bread was examined using a model bread. Instead of the normal flour, the dough contained starch, arabinoxylan and protein, which were isolated from rye wholemeal. It was observed that the applied mixes of these constituents result in a product closely res ...
- Nowotna, Anna, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2016 v.53 no.3 pp. 1389-1398
- arabinoxylan; breadmaking; breadmaking quality; chromatography; colorimetry; dough; endo-1,4-beta-xylanase; molecular weight; pentoses; rye; viscosity; wheat
- ... Arabinoxylans (AXs) are an important component of wheat and rye dough. They bind water, contribute to the formation of viscous dough and improve the quality of bread. For the application of AX fractions in bread making process, it is useful to record a quality profile of wheat fractions compared to the quality profile of rye fractions under standardized conditions. In this work water and alkali ex ...
- PubMed Central: