Jump to Main Content
- Ortega, E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Talanta 2016 v.147 pp. 253-260
- aldehydes; betaine; choline; choline oxidase; flavin-adenine dinucleotide; fluorescence; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; milk; oxidation; pH; spectral analysis
- ... Choline oxidase (ChOx) is a flavoenzyme catalysing the oxidation of choline (Ch) to betaine aldehyde (BA) and glycine betaine (GB).[Display omitted]In this paper a fundamental study of the intrinsic fluorescence properties of ChOx due to Flavin Adenine Dinucleotide (FAD) is presented and some analytical applications are studied in detail. Firstly, an unusual alteration in the excitation spectra, i ...
- Martínez-Ortega, E. A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Folia microbiologica 2016 v.61 no.1 pp. 11-19
- Bacillus thuringiensis; Brevibacillus; Cryptococcus neoformans; Enterobacter; Enterococcus durans; Escherichia vulneris; Staphylococcus chromogenes; Staphylococcus epidermidis; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; antimicrobial peptides; bacteria; bacteriocins; bovine mastitis; dairy goats; dairy products; dicloxacillin; encapsulation; food pathogens; herds; indicator species; internal transcribed spacers; milk composition; milk yield; molecular weight; morbidity; population; ribosomal DNA; vancomycin; yeasts; Mexico
- ... Mastitis caused by microbial infections in dairy goats reduces milk yield, modifies milk composition, and potentially contributes to morbidity in herds and consumers of dairy products. Microorganisms associated with mastitis in dairy goats are commonly controlled with antibiotics, but it is known that continued use of these chemical agents promotes antibiotic resistance among bacterial populations ...