Jump to Main Content
- Paltrinieri, Saverio, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2016 v.107 pp. 207-212
- 3-hydroxybutyric acid; Holstein; calving; dairy cows; monocytes; neutropenia; neutrophils; retained placenta
- ... Retained placenta (RP) is often diagnosed in high-yielding dairy cows and can negatively affect reproductive performances. The objective of the present study was to investigate the hematological and biochemical profile of cows with RP before and immediately after parturition, with particular emphasis on neutrophil counts, since a previous study demonstrated the presence of peripheral neutropenia i ...
- Paltrinieri, Saverio, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2016 v.249 no.7 pp. 776-786
- anemia; blood; dogs; probability
- ... OBJECTIVE To assess sensitivity and specificity of manual and automated measurements of reticulocyte percentage, number, and production index for classification of anemia in dogs. DESIGN Retrospective case series SAMPLE 174 blood smears from client-owned dogs with anemia collected between 1993 and 2013 for which reticulocyte parameters were determined manually (nonregenerative anemia, 22; preregen ...
- Paltrinieri, Saverio, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2016 v.12 no.1 pp. 172
- Tursiops truncatus; agarose; blood serum; capillary zone electrophoresis; data collection; dolphins; gel electrophoresis; genes; human serum albumin; humans; medicine; point mutation; siblings; sires
- ... BACKGROUND: Hereditary bisalbuminemia is a relatively rare anomaly characterized by the occurrence of two albumin fractions on serum protein separation by electrophoresis. In human medicine, it is usually revealed by chance, is not been clearly associated with a specific disease and the causative genetic alteration is a point mutation of human serum albumin gene inherited in an autosomal codominan ...
- PubMed Central: