Jump to Main Content
- Pastore, Glaucia M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.180 pp. 120-128
- artichokes; foods; fructooligosaccharides; ingredients; microfiltration; molecular weight; nanofiltration; polyamides; porosity; prebiotics; solid wastes
- ... Artichoke solid waste is considered a cheap fructooligosaccharides source. The extract from this material contains suspended solids, macromolecules and prebiotic sugars. The prebiotic sugars need to be clarified, purified and concentrated to increase its value. In this study, we evaluated the technical feasibility of sequential microfiltration (to clarify the artichoke extract) and nanofiltration ...
- Pastore, Gláucia M, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2016 v.91 no.12 pp. 3018-3027
- Bacillus subtilis; acid deposition; amino acid sequences; biosurfactants; byproducts; cassava; culture media; fermentation; fouling; micelles; microfiltration; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; production costs; protein content; proteins; surfactin; ultrafiltration; wastewater
- ... BACKGROUND: Bacillus subtilis synthesizes surfactin, a powerful surface‐active agent. It has interesting potential applications. However, due to its high cost of production, commercial use is impracticable. The downstream processing represents ≈ 60% of production costs and the culture medium ≈ 30%. Many reports focused, separately, on production of surfactin using by‐products (reduced cost) or the ...