Jump to Main Content
- Rozanski, Elizabeth A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2016 v.26 no.5 pp. 639-645
- ammonia; blood; blood donors; cats; chemokines; detection limit; epidemiology; hospitals; inflammation; interleukin-10; interleukin-6; ligands; screening; storage time
- ... OBJECTIVE: To determine if the concentrations of ammonia and inflammatory mediators in feline stored whole blood (SWB) increase with duration of storage. DESIGN: Prospective ex vivo study. SETTING: University Teaching Hospital. ANIMALS: Thirteen cats, recruited from the hospital feline donor pool, deemed healthy based on the predonation donor screening process. INTERVENTIONS: One unit (30 mL) of w ...
- Rozanski, Elizabeth A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2016 v.26 no.1 pp. 41-51
- anticoagulants; blood sampling; case-control studies; coagulation; dogs; erythrocytes; fibrinogen; fibrinolysis; prothrombin; t-plasminogen activator; thromboplastin
- ... OBJECTIVE: To relate coagulation and fibrinolysis derangements to shock severity as reflected by plasma lactate concentrations in dogs with spontaneous hemoperitoneum (SHP) and determine the impact on transfusions. DESIGN: Prospective, observational, case‐control study. SETTING: Three veterinary teaching hospitals. ANIMALS: Twenty‐eight client‐owned dogs with SHP and 28 breed‐ and age‐matched cont ...