Jump to Main Content
- Schneider, Stefan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2016 v.155 pp. 9-16
- arithmetics; central nervous system diseases; cognition; drug therapy; electroencephalography; evoked potentials; humans; microgravity; space flight; zero gravity
- ... There is increasing interest in the effects of microgravity on cognitive processing, particularly as it relates to the potential for human space travel. While findings to date are quite inconsistent, studies reporting a decrement in cognitive performance have generally not been able to distinguish between the direct influence of microgravity, and any associated influence of stress. Furthermore, th ...
- Schneider, Stefan W., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2016 v.475 pp. 342-349
- cadherins; electrical resistance; epithelial cells; guanosinetriphosphatase; intercellular junctions; neoplasm cells; plasma membrane; post-translational modification; proteolysis; transmembrane proteins
- ... Leda-1/Pianp is a type-I transmembrane protein which is sorted to the basolateral membrane domain of polarized epithelial cells. Here, we investigated trafficking mechanisms and functions of Leda-1/Pianp in MDCK and MCF-7 cells. Basolateral sorting and posttranslational modifications depended on the intracellular juxtamembrane region. Functionally, Leda-1/Pianp increased the transepithelial electr ...