Jump to Main Content
- Seol, Eunhee, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 95
- Escherichia coli; NAD (coenzyme); acetates; acetyl coenzyme A; biofuels; enzymes; ethanol; glucose; glycolysis; hydrogen; hydrogen production; prediction; pyruvic acid; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
- ... BACKGROUND: Fermentative hydrogen (H₂) production suffers from low carbon-to-H₂ yield, to which problem, co-production of ethanol and H₂ has been proposed as a solution. For improved co-production of H₂ and ethanol, we developed Escherichia coli BW25113 ΔhycA ΔhyaAB ΔhybBC ΔldhA ΔfrdAB Δpta-ackA ΔpfkA (SH8*) and overexpressed Zwf and Gnd, the key enzymes in the pentose-phosphate (PP) pathway (SH8* ...
- PubMed Central:
- Seol, Eunhee, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2016 v.21 no.6 pp. 695-703
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; NAD (coenzyme); alanine; cysteine; glycerol; mutants; oxidation; site-directed mutagenesis; thiols
- ... 1,3-propanediol oxidoreductase (DhaT), which catalyzes the conversion of 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde (3-HPA) to 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PD) with the oxidation of NADH to NAD⁺, is a key enzyme in the production of 1,3-PD from glycerol. DhaT is known to be severely inactivated by its physiological substrate, 3-HPA, due to the reaction of 3-HPA with the thiol group of the cysteine residues. In this study, ...