Jump to Main Content
- Shen, Songdong, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chinese journal of oceanology and limnology 2016 v.34 no.5 pp. 1044-1053
- Bangia; data collection; freshwater; genes; genetic markers; internal transcribed spacers; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; scientists; transcription (genetics); Australia; China; Europe; North America
- ... Filamentous Bangia, which are distributed extensively throughout the world, have simple and similar morphological characteristics. Scientists can classify these organisms using molecular markers in combination with morphology. We successfully sequenced the complete nuclear ribosomal DNA, approximately 13 kb in length, from a marine Bangia population. We further analyzed the small subunit ribosomal ...
- Shen, Songdong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied phycology 2016 v.28 no.1 pp. 663-669
- Pyropia yezoensis; exons; genes; intergenic DNA; internal transcribed spacers; introns; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; tandem repeat sequences
- ... The complete nuclear ribosomal DNA (nrDNA) cistron sequence of Pyropia yezoensis has been sequenced, of which each unit is composed of the intergenic spacer (IGS), the small-subunit (SSU) ribosomal RNA (rRNA) gene, the internal transcribed spacer 1 (ITS1), the 5.8S rRNA gene, the internal transcribed spacer 2 (ITS2), and the large-subunit (LSU) rRNA gene. This cistron occurs in tandem repeats that ...