Jump to Main Content
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2016 v.152 pp. 148-164
- air drying; basins; clay; exchangeable sodium; least squares; models; near-infrared spectroscopy; pH; prediction; reflectance spectroscopy; soil aggregation; soil organic carbon; soil properties; soil quality; soil types; spectrometers; Kenya; Lake Victoria
- ... Soil aggregation is critical for assessing soil health; however, conventional aggregation measurement is laborious and expensive. The performance of near infrared diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (NIR) and basic soil properties for estimation of wet aggregation indices was investigated. Two samples sets representing different soils from across Lake Victoria Basin in Kenya were used for the study. ...
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Ecosystem Health and Sustainability 2016 v.2 no.3
- climate; climate change; drought; ecosystem services; environmental health; information exchange; knowledge; management information systems; mineralogy; nutrient content; organic matter; primary productivity; soil properties; topography
- ... Massive investments in climate change mitigation and adaptation are projected during coming decades. Many of these investments will seek to modify how land is managed. The return on both types of investments can be increased through an understanding of land potential: the potential of the land to support primary production and ecosystem services, and its resilience. A Land‐Potential Knowledge Syst ...