Jump to Main Content
- Tongo, Isioma, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Chemosphere 2016 v.144 pp. 1319-1326
- DDT (pesticide); HCH (pesticide); at-risk population; children; exposure pathways; gas chromatography; human health; ingestion; lindane; monitoring; neoplasms; pesticide residues; risk; risk estimate; rivers; sediments; Nigeria
- ... Sediment samples from major agricultural producing areas in Edo state Nigeria were analysed for α-HCH, γ-HCH, β-HCH and ∑DDT with the aim of elucidating contamination profiles, distribution characteristics, carcinogenic and non-carcinogenic risk of these compounds in these regions. Analysis was done using a gas chromatography (GC) equipped with electron capture detector (ECD), while health risk as ...
- Tongo, Isioma, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of xenobiotics 2016 v.6 no.1 pp. 6
- Aporrectodea longa; Tilapia guineensis; acute exposure; atrazine; bioassays; deltamethrin; earthworms; ecosystems; ecotoxicology; fish; lethal concentration 50; oils; propoxur; river deltas; safety factor; soil; toxic substances; toxicity; xenobiotics
- ... Ecotoxicological effects of industrial chemicals (Rig wash, Oil eater, Nalco, Glycol™) and pesticides (Propoxur, Deltamethrin, Atrazine, Furadan) on Tilapia guineensis (fish) and Aporrectodea longa (earthworms) were tested using the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) # 203 and 207 protocols. The water and soil ratings indicate that the test chemicals were toxic to the org ...