Jump to Main Content
- Vahl, C.I., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Professional animal scientists 2016 v.32 no.5 pp. 550-560
- animal performance; corn; diet; digestive system diseases; enzymatic hydrolysis; equipment; feedlots; manufacturing; regression analysis; starch; steaming; surveys; temperature; tempering; water content; Arizona; California; Kansas; Nebraska; New Mexico; Texas
- ... The quality of steam-flaked corn (SFC) in feedlot diets can affect animal performance and the incidence of digestive disorders. Therefore, this study was conducted to define important and relevant measures used to determine SFC quality in commercial feedyards. Commercial feedlots (n = 17) located in Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California were asked to participate in a survey ...
- Vahl, C.I., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Professional animal scientists 2016 v.32 no.3 pp. 295-301
- Holstein; agricultural experiment stations; alfalfa hay; beef; beef cattle; calves; corn gluten; crossbreds; digestibility; experimental diets; growth performance; heifers; pH; steers; wheat straw; Kansas
- ... Two experiments were conducted to determine the effects of including ammoniated wheat straw in diets for beef cattle on growth performance and digestibility. Treatments consisted of diets containing 70% (DM basis) concentrate containing 40% (DM basis) wet corn gluten feed with 30% (DM basis) roughage from wheat straw (STRW), anhydrous ammonia–treated wheat straw (AMMN), or a 50:50 prairie hay and ...