Jump to Main Content
- Van Mooy, Benjamin A. S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The new phytologist 2016 v.211 no.3 pp. 886-898
- Emiliania huxleyi; acclimation; acidification; betaine; ecophysiology; fluorescence microscopy; gene expression; marine ecosystems; mass spectrometry; nutrient availability; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; phospholipids; phosphorus; photosynthesis; phytoplankton; starvation; transmission electron microscopy; ultrastructure; vacuoles
- ... Nutrient availability is an important factor controlling phytoplankton productivity. Phytoplankton contribute c. 50% of the global photosynthesis and possess efficient acclimation mechanisms to cope with nutrient stress. We investigate the cellular response of the bloom‐forming coccolithophore Emiliania huxleyi to phosphorus (P) scarcity, which is often a limiting factor in marine ecosystems. We c ...
- Van Mooy, Benjamin A. S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2016 v.88 no.14 pp. 7154-7162
- Phaeodactylum tricornutum; automation; biomarkers; chloroplasts; computer software; data collection; databases; high performance liquid chromatography; hydrogen peroxide; mass spectrometry; oxidation; oxidative stress; oxylipins; screening; triacylglycerols
- ... Discovery and identification of molecular biomarkers in large LC/MS data sets requires significant automation without loss of accuracy in the compound screening and annotation process. Here, we describe a lipidomics workflow and open-source software package for high-throughput annotation and putative identification of lipid, oxidized lipid, and oxylipin biomarkers in high-mass-accuracy HPLC-MS dat ...