Jump to Main Content
- Balakrishnan, N.; Alexander, K.; Keene, B.; Kolluru, S.; Fauls, M.L.; Rawdon, I.; Breitschwerdt, E.B.
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2016 v.18 no.3 pp. 271-277
- Weimaraner, etc ; Actinomyces; bacteria; case studies; dog diseases; dogs; endocarditis; inflammation; pathogens; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Infective endocarditis, an inflammation of the endocardial surface due to invasion by an infectious agent, is more common in middle sized to large breed dogs. We herein report a case of mitral valve endocarditis in a 9-year-old male-castrated Weimaraner caused by an Actinomyces canis-like bacterium, not previously reported in association with infection in dogs. ...
- Safra, Noa; Hitchens, Peta L.; Maverakis, Emanual; Mitra, Anupam; Korff, Courtney; Johnson, Eric; Kol, Amir; Bannasch, Michael J.; Pedersen, Niels C.; Bannasch, Danika L.
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2016 v.179 pp. 32-35
- Weimaraner, etc ; Great Dane; Irish Setter; antagonists; blood serum; chemokine CXCL10; childhood; children; dogs; etiology; granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor; inflammation; innate immunity; interleukin-10; interleukin-18; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; osteomyelitis; remission; tumor necrosis factors; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Metaphyseal osteopathy (MO) (hypertrophic osteodystrophy) is a developmental disorder of unexplained etiology affecting dogs during rapid growth. Affected dogs experience relapsing episodes of lytic/sclerotic metaphyseal lesions and systemic inflammation. MO is rare in the general dog population; however, some breeds (Weimaraner, Great Dane and Irish Setter) have a much higher incidence, supportin ...
- PubMed Central: