Jump to Main Content
- Wolfe, Andrea D., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Molecular ecology resources 2016 v.16 no.3 pp. 742-754
- alleles; autopolyploidy; computer software; data collection; gene frequency; heterozygosity; hexaploidy; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; restriction endonucleases; single nucleotide polymorphism; statistical models; tetraploidy; uncertainty
- ... Despite the increasing opportunity to collect large‐scale data sets for population genomic analyses, the use of high‐throughput sequencing to study populations of polyploids has seen little application. This is due in large part to problems associated with determining allele copy number in the genotypes of polyploid individuals (allelic dosage uncertainty–ADU), which complicates the calculation of ...
- Wolfe, Andrea D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Conservation genetics 2016 v.17 no.6 pp. 1245-1255
- Penstemon; dunes; genetic variation; habitats; heterozygosity; inbreeding; latitude; microsatellite repeats; rare species; sand; Arizona; California; Mojave Desert; Nevada
- ... Penstemon albomarginatus is a psammophytic endemic of the Mojave Desert, found only in deep sand and dune habitats of San Bernardino County, California, Mohave County, Arizona, and Clark and Nye Counties in Nevada. We used six microsatellite loci to assess genetic differentiation and diversity for 228 individuals across the 12 known populations of this rare species. A slight heterozygote deficienc ...