Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Hongliang, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.94 pp. 91557-91561
- carbon; carbon dioxide; dopamine; ethanol; nanospheres; nitrogen; particle size; pollution load; porous media; silica
- ... Nitrogen-doped hollow carbon nanospheres (N-HCSs) have been synthesized by self-polymerization of dopamine on silica spheres using the modified Stöber method. The fabrication process uses dopamine as carbon and nitrogen source and tetraethyl orthosilicate as a structure-assisting agent. The particle sizes and shell thicknesses of the N-HCSs can be easily tuned in the range of 270–700 nm and 30–55 ...
- Zhang, Hongliang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Genome 2016 v.59 no.7 pp. 473-483
- Oryza rufipogon; Oryza sativa; alleles; breeding; culms; evolution; genetic variation; haplotypes; heterozygosity; lodging; lodging resistance; rice; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Lodging resistance is one of the vital traits in yield improvement and sustainability. Culm wall thickness, diameter, and strength are different traits that can govern the lodging resistance in rice. The genes SCM2 and FC1 have been isolated for culm thickness, strength, and flexibility, but their functional nucleotide variations were still unknown. We used a 13× deep sequence of 795 diverse genot ...
- Zhang, Hongliang, et al. Show all 20 Authors
- Cell 2016 v.165 pp. 357-371
- DNA; DNA-directed RNA polymerase; chromatin; gene expression; melting; phosphorylation; precipitin tests; topology
- ... We report a mechanism through which the transcription machinery directly controls topoisomerase 1 (TOP1) activity to adjust DNA topology throughout the transcription cycle. By comparing TOP1 occupancy using chromatin immunoprecipitation sequencing (ChIP-seq) versus TOP1 activity using topoisomerase 1 sequencing (TOP1-seq), a method reported here to map catalytically engaged TOP1, TOP1 bound at pro ...
- PubMed Central: