Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Juzhong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Quaternary international 2016 v.426 pp. 56-64
- Coix lacryma-jobi; Dioscorea oppositifolia; Nelumbo; Oryza; Quercus; Vigna; fruits; grasses; grinding; humans; plant residues; rice; rivers; slabs; staple foods; starch granules; statistical analysis; wild plants; China; Yangtze River
- ... The Xiaohuangshan site is an early Neolithic settlement in the lower Yangzi River dating to 9000–7000 BP. In this paper, starch grains extracted from the surfaces of 9 pottery sherds and 6 grinding slabs unearthed from the early Xiaohuangshan phase (9000–8500 cal. BP) are identified from Oryza, Triticeae Tribe, Coix lacryma-jobi, Nelumbo sp., Dioscorea opposita Trunb, Vigna and Quercus spp. Based ...
- Zhang, Juzhong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Quaternary international 2016 v.426 pp. 133-140
- Oryza sativa; domestication; dryland farming; phytoliths; rice; rivers; sediments; China
- ... The Shunshanji site is one of the earliest archaeological sites identified in the middle reaches of Huai River region. Using phytolith analysis, 66 samples from 3 exposed profiles at the Shunshanji site were studied in order to contribute to the understanding of the nature of rice remains at the site and early farming information in the middle reaches of the Huai River region of China. The presenc ...