Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xiaoqi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2016 v.191 pp. 127-139
- seed germination; mitochondrial membrane; metabolism; barley; alternative splicing; polymers; sugars; Hordeum vulgare; cell walls; DNA; cellulose; transcription (genetics); arabinogalactans; cell wall components; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; introns
- ... Barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) seed germination initiates many important biological processes such as DNA, membrane and mitochondrial repairs. However, little is known on cell wall modifications in germinating embryos. We have investigated cell wall polysaccharide composition change, gene transcription and alternative splicing events in four barley varieties at 24h and 48h germination. Cell wall comp ...
- Zhang, Xiaoqi Jackie, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemosphere 2016 v.144 pp. 1530-1535
- absorption; aluminum; azo dyes; cobalt; decolorization; magnetic properties; methyl orange; molecular weight; nanoparticles; nickel; pH; remediation; wastewater
- ... A rapid and efficient method for methyl orange degradation using hollow cobalt (Co) nanoparticles is reported. Hollow Co nanoparticles were fabricated by a galvanic replacement reaction using aluminum (Al) nanoparticles as the template material. The methyl orange degradation characteristics were investigated by measuring the time dependent UV–Vis absorption of the dye solution, which showed a very ...