Jump to Main Content
- Zheng, Shao Jian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Annals of botany 2016 v.118 no.4 pp. 645-653
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Oryza sativa; cell walls; cultivars; ethylene; ethylene production; genes; nutrient solutions; pectins; phosphates; phosphorus; rice; roots; shoots; solubilization
- ... Background and aims Plants are able to grow under phosphorus (P)-deficient conditions by coordinating Pi acquisition, translocation from roots to shoots and remobilization within the plant. Previous reports have demonstrated that cell-wall pectin contributes greatly to rice cell-wall Pi re-utilization under P-deficient conditions, but whether other factors such as ethylene also affect the pectin-r ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zheng, Shao Jian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The new phytologist 2016 v.211 no.1 pp. 149-158
- Arabidopsis; acid soils; culture media; mutants; nitrates; protons; rhizosphere; rooting; toxicity; transporters
- ... Protons in acid soil are highly rhizotoxic to plants, but the mechanism of tolerance of plants to protons is largely unknown. Nitrate uptake by root cells is accompanied by the uptake of protons. Therefore, nitrate uptake transporters (NRTs) may be involved in plant tolerance to proton toxicity. We investigated the root nitrate uptake response to proton stress in Arabidopsis and its association wi ...