Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Chun Quan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Annals of botany 2016 v.118 no.4 pp. 645-653
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Oryza sativa; cell walls; cultivars; ethylene; ethylene production; genes; nutrient solutions; pectins; phosphates; phosphorus; rice; roots; shoots; solubilization
- ... Background and aims Plants are able to grow under phosphorus (P)-deficient conditions by coordinating Pi acquisition, translocation from roots to shoots and remobilization within the plant. Previous reports have demonstrated that cell-wall pectin contributes greatly to rice cell-wall Pi re-utilization under P-deficient conditions, but whether other factors such as ethylene also affect the pectin-r ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zhu, Chun-Quan, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Journal of Proteome Research 2016 v.15 no.1 pp. 216-228
- Calvin cycle; Liquidambar formosana; Western blotting; acid deposition; antioxidant activity; calcium; chlorophyll; energy; forest health; forest trees; genes; leaching; leaves; protective effect; protein synthesis; proteins; proteome; proteomics; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reactive oxygen species; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; soil; translation (genetics); woody plants
- ... Acid rain (AR) impacts forest health by leaching calcium (Ca) away from soils and plants. Ca is an essential element and participates in various plant physiological responses. In the present study, the protective role of exogenous Ca in alleviating AR stress in Liquidambar formosana Hance at the physiological and proteomic levels was examined. Our results showed that low Ca condition resulted in t ...