Jump to Main Content
- Nakai, Megumi; Iizuka, Michiro; Matsui, Nobuaki; Hosogi, Kazuko; Imai, Akiko; Abe, Noriaki; Shiraishi, Hisashi; Hirata, Ayumu; Yagi, Yusuke; Jobu, Kohei; Yokota, Junko; Kato, Eishin; Hosoda, Shinya; Yoshioka, Saburo; Harada, Kenichi; Kubo, Miwa; Fukuyama, Yoshiyasu; Miyamura, Mitsuhiko
- Journal of medicinal food 2016 v.19 no.5 pp. 435-441
- Zingiber montanum, etc ; central nervous system diseases; diet; ginger; immunohistochemistry; memory; mice; models; neurites; neurogenesis; rats; sprouting; South East Asia; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Bangle (Zingiber purpureum) is a tropical ginger that is used as a spice in Southeast Asia. Phenylbutenoid dimers isolated from Bangle have exhibited neurotrophic effects in primary cultured rat cortical neurons and PC12 cells. Furthermore, chronic treatment with phenylbutenoid dimers enhances hippocampal neurogenesis in olfactory bulbectomized mice. In this study, we investigated the effects of B ...
- Chassagne, François; Hul, Sovanmoly; Deharo, Eric; Bourdy, Geneviève
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.191 pp. 41-70
- Zingiber montanum, etc ; Ardisia; Bryophyllum pinnatum; Chromolaena odorata; Fabaceae; Solanum; animals; cold; diarrhea; ethnobotany; fever; health services; indigenous knowledge; indigenous peoples; interviews; medicinal plants; mushrooms; public health; surveys; traditional medicine; villages; Cambodia; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... In this paper we present a comprehensive ethnomedicinal study conducted in Mondulkiri province. Traditional knowledge about natural medicine (plants, animals, mushrooms) was investigated in Cambodia’s largest indigenous community: the Bunong people. The survey aims to document the medicinal plant use of this ethnic, by focusing on the eleven most frequent diseases encountered in the area, in order ...