Jump to Main Content
- Bauermeister, Anelize; Zucchi, Tiago Domingues; Moraes, Luiz Alberto Beraldo
- Journal of mass spectrometry 2016 v.51 no.6 pp. 437-445
- anthracyclines, etc ; Actinobacteria; DNA; aminoglycosides; antineoplastic agents; dissociation; mass spectrometry; neoplasms; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; toxicity; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Anthracyclines are a well‐known chemical class produced by actinobacteria used effectively in cancer treatment; however, these compounds are usually produced in few amounts because of being toxic against their producers. In this work, we successfully explored the mass spectrometry versatility to detect 18 anthracyclines in microbial crude extract. From collision‐induced dissociation and nuclear ma ...
- Bauermeister, Anelize; Abdel Baqui, Munira Muhammad; Beraldo Moraes, Luiz Alberto
- Analytical methods 2016 v.8 no.12 pp. 2653-2659
- anthracyclines, etc ; Actinobacteria; DNA; agarose; analytical methods; antibiotics; cell death; computer software; drugs; dyes; ethidium; fluorescence; gels; ligands; metabolites; photographs; purification methods; screening; statistical analysis; therapeutics; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... DNA is known as a potential therapeutic target for the development of anticancer and antibiotic agents because any damage on its structure may lead to cell death. Discovery of ligand molecules through interactions with DNA is a key step in the development of new therapies. Here, a methodology was proposed to detect DNA-binders in a screening process with crude extracts produced by actinomycetes. T ...