Jump to Main Content
- Abom, Rickard; Parsons, Scott A.; Schwarzkopf, Lin
- Biological invasions 2016 v.18 no.11 pp. 3319-3332
- Themeda, etc ; Heteropogon contortus; Isoodon macrourus; Planigale; Pseudomys gracilicaudatus; biodiversity; burning; ecological invasion; fauna; grasses; habitats; indigenous species; invasive species; mice; savannas; vegetation structure; wildfires; Queensland; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Invasive non-native grasses can greatly alter habitat structure. Land managers use fire to reduce invasive grass infestations, a strategy which is intended, at least in part, to reduce the impact of wildfires on fauna. The response of fauna to fire in invasive grass environments may be complex. To examine the responses of fauna to fire and invasive grass we compared mammal richness and abundance i ...
- Abom, Rickard; Schwarzkopf, Lin
- Global ecology and conservation 2016 v.6 pp. 58-66
- Themeda quadrivalvis; Themeda triandra, etc ; Heteropogon contortus; biodiversity; fauna; fires; fuels; grasses; habitats; indigenous species; invasive species; prescribed burning; reptiles; savannas; vegetation structure; weeds; wildlife; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Themeda quadrivalvis). Reptile abundance and richness were highest when sites had been ...
... spatially auto-correlated, and were covered by native kangaroo grass (Themeda triandra), ...