Jump to Main Content
- Ceccone, Giacomo, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- ACS applied materials 2016 v.8 no.7 pp. 4838-4850
- amino acids; cell culture; culture media; cytotoxicity; epithelial cells; humans; monitoring; nanoparticles; particle size; physicochemical properties; silica
- ... The following work presents a simple, reliable and scalable seeding-growth methodology to prepare silica nanoparticles (SiO₂ NPs) (20, 30, 50 and 80 nm) directly in aqueous phase, both as plain- as well as fluorescent-labeled silica. The amount of fluorescent label per particle remained constant regardless of size, which facilitates measurements in terms of number-based concentrations. SiO₂ NPs in ...
- Ceccone, G., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.11 pp. 9175-9179
- coatings; films (materials); nanoparticles; nanopores; polymers
- ... A novel approach enabling the full control of the 3D nanostructure of polymer thin films is presented. An ordered nanoporous polymer film is obtained using a nanoparticle monolayer as template. The pores are then filled with a second organic component via spin coating which, by modulating the deposition parameters, enables the control of the filling degree with nanometric precision. ...
- Ceccone, Giacomo, et al. Show all 32 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016 v.120 no.42 pp. 24070-24079
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; coatings; colloids; energy; gold; models; nanoparticles; physical chemistry; silicon
- ... We report the results of a Versailles Project on Advanced Materials and Standards (VAMAS) interlaboratory study on the measurement of the shell thickness and chemistry of nanoparticle coatings. Peptide-coated gold particles were supplied to laboratories in two forms: a colloidal suspension in pure water and particles dried onto a silicon wafer. Participants prepared and analyzed these samples usin ...
- PubMed Central: