Jump to Main Content
- Nabais, Cristina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Dendrochronologia 2016 v.37 pp. 64-68
- Mediterranean climate; Pinus pinaster; conifers; growing season; growth rings; image analysis; soil temperature; soil water; soil water content; tracheids; weather
- ... Here we present the package tracheideR to standardize profiles of tracheid features, using the R computing environment. This package contains a collection of functions to transform the raw data obtained from image analysis into a tracheidogram to better visualize the radial intra-ring variation of histometric parameters. This procedure is crucial when estimating past weather conditions with a sub- ...
- Nabais, Cristina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Oecologia 2016 v.180 no.1 pp. 91-102
- Juniperus thurifera; Trisetacus; arthropods; evolution; fruits; intraspecific variation; packaging; predators; seed germination; seed predation; seeds; viability
- ... An increased understanding of intraspecific seed packaging (i.e. seed size/number strategy) variation across different environments may improve current knowledge of the ecological forces that drive seed evolution in plants. In particular, pre-dispersal seed predation may influence seed packaging strategies, triggering a reduction of the resources allocated to undamaged seeds within the preyed frui ...