Jump to Main Content
- Guarino, Marcella, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2015 v.119 pp. 178-183
- broiler chickens; farms; feed conversion; flocks; monitoring; poultry housing; precision agriculture; rearing; vocalization
- ... Chicken weight provides information about growth and feed conversion of the flock in order to identify deviations from the expected homogeneous growth trend of the birds. This paper proposes a novel method to automatically measure the growth rate of broiler chickens by sound analysis.Through the application of process engineering, Precision Livestock Farming (PLF) can combine audio and video infor ...
- Guarino, Marcella, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural engineering 2015 v.46 no.1 pp. 6
- anaerobic digestion; biodegradability; biodegradation; biogas; dairy farming; liquid manure; methane; methane production; organic matter
- ... Handling systems can influence the production of biogas and methane from dairy farm manures. A comparative work performed in three different Italian dairy farms showed how the most common techniques (scraper, slatted floor, flushing) can change the characteristics of collected manure. Scraper appears to be the most neutral choice, as it does not significantly affect the original characteristics of ...