Jump to Main Content
- Contreras, Silvina A.; Lutz, Alicia I.; Zucol, Alejandro F.
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2015 v.223 pp. 37-49
- spikelets, etc ; Cenchrus; Echinochloa; Hymenachne; Paspalum; South Americans; basins; climatic factors; flora; forests; fossils; grasses; humid zones; phytogeography; rivers; sediments; Andes region; Argentina; El Gran Chaco; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The Chaco region is a sedimentary basin limited by the Andes and the Brazilian craton. This South American subtropical plain is defined as large alluvial fan sediments of the main rivers that were repeatedly deposited during the late Quaternary under diverse climatic conditions. The Eastern Chaco is characterized by semideciduous forests intermingled with extensive palm-savannas, with gallery fore ...
- Nasidi, Muhammad; Agu, Reginald C.; Deeni, Yusuf; Giginyu, Idris Bala; Walker, Graeme
- Bioethanol 2015 v.2 no.1 pp. 11
- spikelets, etc ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Scheffersomyces stipitis; Sorghum (Poaceae); amylases; barley; bioethanol; bioprocessing; biotransformation; carbon dioxide production; cultivars; energy; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol; feedstocks; fermentation; financial economics; mashing; proteinases; saccharification; starch; sugars; wheat; yeasts; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Efficient starch saccharification is an essential step towards achieving improved ethanol yields by fermentation. Sorghum grains are important starch sources for bioconversion to ethanol. In the present study, disease degraded (spoilt) husked grains from Nigerian sorghum cultivars were obtained from field sites and subjected to bioprocessing to ethanol. The crude husked grains (comprising husks, s ...