Jump to Main Content
- Ebrahimi, Amirali; Saffari, Morteza; Langrish, Timothy
- Powder technology 2015 v.272 pp. 45-53
- citric acid; crystal structure; ethanol; lactose; porosity; powders; scanning electron microscopes; spray drying; stickiness; surface area; temperature; texture; whey protein isolate
- ... Highly porous lactose with a high degree of crystallinity has been prepared by a new production process. A solution containing lactose, whey protein isolate, and citric acid as a template has been dried using a Buchi-B290 mini spray dryer with an inlet temperature of 180°C. Samples have been treated with ethanol to dissolve the citric acid and simultaneously increase the crystallinity of the spray ...
- Chen, Chin-Yi; Weng, Jui-Chung; Chen, Jing-Heng; Ma, Shih-Hsin; Chen, Kun-Huang; Horng, Tzyy-Leng; Tsay, Chien-Yie; Chang, Chi-Jung; Lin, Chung-Kwei; Wu, Jerry J.
- Powder technology 2015 v.272 pp. 316-321
- crystal structure; crystallites; irradiation; nanocrystals; photocatalysis; photocatalysts; powders; pyrolysis; surface area; temperature; titanium dioxide; zinc oxide
- ... In the present study, nanocrystalline photocatalyst Bi2O3 powders with various ZnO additions were synthesized by spray pyrolysis at 600 (SP600) and 700°C (SP700). The Bi2O3 powder converted from a monoclinic α phase to a tetragonal β phase at pyrolysis temperatures ≥600°C. The crystallinity of the SP powder increased with the increase in pyrolysis temperature. The morphology of the SP powders was ...