Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Yalu; Kai, Yoshiaki; Yanagimoto, Takashi; Song, Na; Gao, Tianxiang
- Chinese journal of oceanology and limnology 2015 v.33 no.3 pp. 590-596
- DNA barcoding; Sebastes; coastal water; color; cytochrome-c oxidase; eyes; genes; genetic distance; mitochondrial DNA; morphometry; phylogeny; vertebrae; China; South Korea
- ... A new record of Sebastes koreanus (Kim and Lee, 1994) was documented based on morphological characters and DNA barcoding. Fifty-six Sebastes specimens were collected from the coastal waters of northern China. Samples were identified as S. koreanus based on morphological characters. The coloration and morphometric measurements were consistent with those described from specimens collected in South K ...
- Jiang, Senhao; Dong, Shuanglin; Gao, Qinfeng; Ren, Yichao; Wang, Fang
- Chinese journal of oceanology and limnology 2015 v.33 no.3 pp. 616-623
- Apostichopus japonicus; animal growth; animals; aquaculture; body weight; cages; color; juveniles; markets; ponds; specific growth rate; surface water level; survival rate; China
- ... Three color variants of the sea cucumber, Apostichopus japonicus are recognized, the red one is highly valued in the market. When the red variant is cultured in ponds in China, its body color changes from red to celadon in 3–6 months. The effects of water depth and substrate color on the growth and body color of this animal were investigated. Juveniles of red A. japonicus were cultured in cages su ...