Jump to Main Content
- Upton, Vincent; Ryan, Mary; O'Donoghue, Cathal; Dhubhain, Aine Ni
- Applied geography 2015 v.60 pp. 69-76
- forests; geography; household surveys; man-made trails; models; natural resource management; planning; recreation; researchers; spatial data; Ireland
- ... It is now common for researchers in natural resource management and economics to develop spatial models of recreation demand for the purposes of valuation and planning. Such an approach has significant advantages but requires access to relatively detailed spatial data. In the absence of official data concerning resources, researchers may benefit from employing increasingly available volunteered ge ...
- Si, Yali; Xin, Qinchuan; Prins, Herbert H.T.; de Boer, Willem F.; Gong, Peng
- Science bulletin 2015 v.60 pp. 1984-1993
- climate change; environmental factors; environmental health; food availability; infectious diseases; migratory behavior; models; remote sensing; spatial data; temperature; waterfowl
- ... Accurately quantifying waterfowl migration patterns is pertinent to monitor ecosystem health and control bird-borne infectious diseases. In this review, we summarize the current understanding of the environmental mechanisms that drive waterfowl migration and then investigate the effect of intra- and inter-annual change in food supply and temperature (e.g., climate change) on their migration patter ...