Jump to Main Content
- Durmuş, Nuran; Bekircan, Tuba
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2015 v.66 no.1 pp. 52-65
- antioxidants; carotenoids; catalase; chlorophyll; corn; diuron; glutathione-disulfide reductase; leaves; lipid peroxidation; peroxidase; photosystem II; pigments; plant damage; proline; protective effect; putrescine; spermidine; spermine; superoxide dismutase; toxicity
- ... The effects of diuron, a photosystem II inhibiting herbicide, on lipid peroxidation, photosynthetic pigments, soluble protein, proline contents and some antioxidant enzymes in maize leaves were studied and protective effects of polyamines against diuron toxicity were investigated. Diuron significantly increased lipid peroxidation, suggesting oxidative damage in the plants and proline content, whil ...
- Zhu, Xian-Can; Song, Feng-Bin; Liu, Fu-Lai; Liu, Sheng-Qun; Tian, Chun-Jie
- Crop & pasture science 2015 v.66 no.1 pp. 62-70
- Glomus; Zea mays; alanine transaminase; aspartate transaminase; biomass; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; cold stress; corn; fructose; growth chambers; leaves; mycorrhizal fungi; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen metabolism; pastures; photosynthesis; reducing sugars; sucrose; sucrose-phosphate synthase; temperature; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae
- ... Effects of the arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungus Glomus tortuosum on carbon (C) and nitrogen (N) metabolism of Zea mays L. grown under low-temperature stress was investigated. Maize plants inoculated or not inoculated with AM fungus were grown in a growth chamber at 25°C for 4 weeks and subsequently subjected to two temperature treatments (15°C, low temperature; 25°C, ambient control) for 2 weeks ...