Jump to Main Content
- McNaughton, Sarah A, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2015 v.101 no.5 pp. 1055-1064
- behavior change; bottled water; cost effectiveness; females; frozen vegetables; fruit consumption; healthy diet; prices; purchasing; randomized clinical trials; supermarkets; surveys; vegetable consumption; vegetables; Australia
- ... Background: Fiscal strategies are increasingly considered upstream nutrition promotion measures. However, few trials have investigated the effectiveness or cost effectiveness of pricing manipulations on diet in real-world settings. Objective: We assessed the effects on fruit, vegetable, and beverage purchasing and consumption of a 20% price-reduction intervention, a tailored skills-based behavior- ...
- McNaughton, Sarah A., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Nutrition & dietetics 2015 v.72 no.4 pp. 363-367
- behavior change; childhood obesity; children; education; energy balance; lifestyle; portion size; research and development; weight control; Australia; United States
- ... AIMS: There is increasing interest in the use of smartphone applications (apps) for delivering child obesity management interventions and supporting lifestyle behaviour change; however, there has been very little academic research on their development. Our aim is to review nutrition‐related apps designed for children currently available in Australia for their usefulness in education or support beh ...