Jump to Main Content
- Anwar Sadat; Ghias Uddin; M. Alam; Ashfaq Ahmad; Bina Shaheen Siddiqui
- Natural product research 2015 v.29 no.24 pp. 2291-2294
- Bergenia; X-ray diffraction; aerial parts; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chromatography; dose response; ethanol; ethyl acetate; inhibitory concentration 50; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; structure-activity relationships; urease; urease inhibitors
- ... Ethanol extract of the aerial parts of Bergenia ligulata was subjected to solvent–solvent separation followed by various chromatographic techniques that lead to isolation of bergenine (1), p -hydroxybenzoyl bergenin (2), 11- O -galloylbergenin (3) and methyl gallate (4) as major constituents. Ethyl acetate fraction showed a dose-dependent urease inhibitory pattern with IC ₅₀ value of 54μg/mL. Stru ...
- Vasudha Agnihotri; Priyanka Sati; Arvind Jantwal; Anita Pandey
- Natural product research 2015 v.29 no.11 pp. 1074-1077
- Bergenia; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ethyl acetate; flavonoids; leaf extracts; maceration; medicinal plants; metabolites; methanol; microorganisms; minimum inhibitory concentration; phytopharmaceuticals; solvents
- ... Phenolic and flavonoid contents in leaf extracts of Bergenia ligulata have been analysed for their contribution in antimicrobial and antioxidant activities. The extracts were prepared in three solvents (separately) following maceration and soxhelt methods. The antimicrobial activity was tested using disc diffusion assay against a range of microorganisms along with the determination of minimum inhi ...