Jump to Main Content
- Cazorla, Carla G.; Spinelli, Gustavo R.
- Journal of natural history 2015 v.49 no.3-4 pp. 155-209
- Ceratopogonidae, etc ; females; males; midges; new species; photographs; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... In this revision of the Patagonian predaceous midges of Stilobezzia (Acanthohelea) (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae), the seven previously known species, Stilobezzia bicinctipes Ingram and Macfie, S . hirsuta I. and M, S . ornaticrus I. and M, S . patagonica I. and M, S . rava I. and M, S . succinea I. and M. and S . varia I. and M. are redescribed, illustrated and their distributions are expanded. Diagn ...
- Dickson, Trapper R.; Walker, Ian R.
- Journal of paleolimnology 2015 v.53 no.2 pp. 165-176
- Ceratopogonidae, etc ; Chironomidae; death; fauna; heat sums; lakes; midges; models; mortality; temperature; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Chironomidae and Ceratopogonidae were tested experimentally for their responses to temperature. Three independent studies tested the effect of experimental temperatures (4, 14, and 24 °C) on emergence of midge faunas collected from littoral zones of three separate lakes, from profundal zones of three other lakes, and the littoral, sub-littoral and profundal zones of one lake. Results from these ex ...