Jump to Main Content
- Gao, Peng, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Geomorphology 2015 v.241 pp. 343-352
- alluvial plains; basins; drainage; ecosystems; land degradation; loess; quantitative analysis; rain; ravines; sediment yield; simulation models; soil erosion; storms; topographic slope; watersheds; China
- ... Soil erosion is a major form of land degradation throughout the world and the key environmental problem that threatens the ecosystem of the Chinese Loess Plateau. In this study, we determined the sediment yield from a small dam-controlled watershed in the Huangfuchuan watershed, northern Loess Plateau, with a drainage area of 0.64km². The dam infill sediment provided evidence of at least 31 flood ...
- Gao, Peng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Arid land research and management 2015 v.29 no.1 pp. 1-16
- case studies; land cover; land use change; rain; rivers; sediment yield; sediments; semiarid zones; soil erosion; stream flow; suspended sediment; water conservation; watersheds; China; Yellow River
- ... The middle reaches of the Yellow River Basin transport the vast majority of sediment (>85% of the basin's total available sediment load), which has had profound effects on the characteristics of the middle and lower reaches of the Yellow River. With recent land use and land cover change, the Yellow River Basin has experienced significant sediment regime fluctuations. In this study, we analyzed the ...