Jump to Main Content
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2015 v.20 no.4 pp. 623-633
- Bacillus subtilis; Escherichia coli; polypeptides; proteins; secretion
- ... Secretion of homologous proteins in large amounts has been accomplished for many proteins, but no efficient secretion system has been described so far which can be generally applied for heterologous proteins. The objective of this review article is to compare the three major secretion pathways in E. coli and in B. subtilis and review the stages of conversion of the secreted proteins from the unfol ...
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- FEBS letters 2015 v.589 pp. 1089-1094
- 1,4-alpha-glucan branching enzyme; Escherichia coli; Vibrio vulnificus; glycogen; mutants
- ... The glycogen branching enzyme from Vibrio vulnificus (VvGBE) transfers short side chains (DP 3–5) significantly greater than any other bacterial glycogen branching enzyme (GBE). To elucidate the role of the N-domain of VvGBE in the unique branching pattern, domain-truncated (N1 and N) and N1-domain-swapped (with VvGBE N1 replacing the counter part of Escherichia coli GBE) mutants were constructed. ...