Jump to Main Content
- Meng, Fangang, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of membrane science 2015 v.496 pp. 284-292
- Bacteroidetes; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Nitrospirae; Thiothrix; Verrucomicrobia; artificial membranes; bacteria; bacterial communities; biopolymers; chemical oxygen demand; engineering; filtration; fouling; membrane bioreactors; models; phosphorus; polysaccharides; sequence analysis; sludge; stormwater; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Nonsettleable grit from wastewater streams is an important fraction of wastewater. In this study, the effects of model grit on the performance of the reactor, the characteristics of the sludge and the structure of the bacterial community in membrane bioreactors (MBRs) were explored. The results show that the presence of grit in the mixed liquor displayed no significant influence on the removal of ...
- Meng, Fangang, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Water research 2015 v.68 pp. 740-749
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; activated sludge; amines; amino acids; amino sugars; flocculation; mixed culture; municipal wastewater; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen; polysaccharides; protein secondary structure; proteins; spectral analysis; wastewater treatment
- ... Extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) of aerobic (AerAOB) and anaerobic ammonium-oxidizing bacteria (AnAOB) are expected to have a significant impact on the performance of autotrophic nitrogen removal in engineered systems. However, there are a few investigations of the EPS of AerAOB and AnAOB, and the results are contradictory. In this study, photometric measurements indicated that the EPS of ...