Jump to Main Content
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2015 v.20 no.5 pp. 834-843
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; aldehyde dehydrogenase; amino acids; genes; glycerol; mutants; sequence analysis
- ... Recombinant Klebsiella pneumoniae over-expressing 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde (3-HPA) dehydrogenase can produce 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP), an important platform chemical, from glycerol. However, K. pneumoniae co-produces 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO) due to the presence of 1,3-propanediol oxidoreductases, which decreases the titer and yield of 3-HP. Previously, two major oxidoreductases, dhaT and yq ...
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2015 v.20 no.6 pp. 971-979
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; NAD (coenzyme); acetaldehyde; glycerol; heavy metals; mercury; metal ions; pH; silver; temperature
- ... 1,3-propanediol oxidoreductase (DhaT) of Klebsiella pneumoniae converts 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde (3-HPA) to 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PD) during microbial production of 1,3-PD from glycerol. In this study, DhaT from newly isolated K. pneumoniae J2B was cloned, expressed, purified, and studied for its kinetic properties. It showed, on its physiological substrate 3-HPA, higher activity than similar aldeh ...