Jump to Main Content
- Gomez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta tropica 2015 v.141 pp. 79-87
- Leishmania mexicana; Leishmania peruviana; Lutzomyia ayacuchensis; cutaneous leishmaniasis; cytochrome b; cytochrome-c oxidase; genetic variation; haplotypes; mitochondria; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; population dynamics; Andes region; Ecuador; Peru
- ... Haplotype and gene network analyses were performed on mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase I and cytochrome b gene sequences of Lutzomyia (Lu.) ayacuchensis populations from Andean areas of Ecuador and southern Peru where the sand fly species transmit Leishmania (Leishmania) mexicana and Leishmania (Viannia) peruviana, respectively, and populations from the northern Peruvian Andes, for which transmiss ...
- Gomez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochimie 2015 v.112 pp. 49-56
- Escherichia coli; Lutzomyia ayacuchensis; blood coagulation; cDNA libraries; coagulation; collagen; complementary DNA; cutaneous leishmaniasis; cysteine; dose response; enzyme activity; fibrinogen; hematophagy; hemostasis; integrins; recombinant proteins; salivary glands; sequence analysis
- ... Sequence analysis of the Lutzomyia (Lu.) ayacuchensis salivary gland cDNA library identified a short peptide containing an RGD (Arg-Gly-Asp) sequence flanked by two cysteine residues in the C-terminal end as the most abundant transcript. In the present study, a recombinant protein of the RGD-containing peptide, designated ayadualin, was expressed in Escherichia coli and its activity was characteri ...