Jump to Main Content
- Martínez-Monteagudo, Sergio I.; Leal-Dávila, Metzeri; Curtis, Jonathan M.; Saldaña, Marleny D.A.
- International dairy journal 2015 v.43 pp. 70-77
- conjugated linoleic acid, etc ; UHT milk; UHT treatment; dissolved oxygen; hydroperoxides; milk; oxidative stability; storage conditions; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Milk naturally enriched in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and trans-vaccenic acid (TVA) was ultra high temperature (UHT)-treated at 125–145 °C for 2–20 s and stored at 4 and 25 °C for up to 120 d. The oxidative stability of treated enriched milk was evaluated in terms of changes on the contents of CLA and TVA, dissolved oxygen, hydroperoxides, thiobarbituric acid reactive substance (TBARS) and for ...
- Cappozzo, Jack C.; Koutchma, Tatiana; Barnes, Gail
- Journal of dairy science 2015 v.98 no.8 pp. 5068-5079
- conjugated linoleic acid, etc ; UHT milk; casein; fatty acid composition; food processing; free fatty acids; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; high-temperature short-time pasteurization; lactalbumin; lipid peroxidation; milk; nonthermal processing; pasteurized milk; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; proximate composition; rancidity; raw milk; shelf life; sodium; sodium dodecyl sulfate; turbulent flow; ultraviolet radiation; vitamin A; vitamin D; vitamin content; volatile compounds; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... As a result of growing interest to nonthermal processing of milk, the purpose of this study was to characterize the chemical changes in raw milk composition after exposure to a new nonthermal turbulent flow UV process, conventional thermal pasteurization process (high-temperature, short-time; HTST), and their combinations, and compare those changes with commercially UHT-treated milk. Raw milk was ...