Jump to Main Content
- Scansen, Brian A.; Simpson, Elaine M.; López-Alvarez, Jordi; Thomas, William P.; Bright, Janice M.; Eason, Bryan D.; Rush, John E.; Dukes-McEwan, Joanna; Green, Henry W.; Cunningham, Suzanne M.; Visser, Lance C.; Kent, Agnieszka M.; Schober, Karsten E.
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 107-119
- Weimaraner, etc ; dogs; heart; heart failure; necropsy; patent ductus arteriosus; pulmonary artery; risk; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... To describe a series of dogs with pulmonary artery dissection and patent ductus arteriosus (PDA).Eight dogs.Retrospective case series.Pulmonary artery dissection was diagnosed in 8 dogs, 3 were Weimaraners. Four dogs presented in left-sided congestive heart failure, 4 presented for murmur evaluation and without clinical signs, and 1 presented in right-sided congestive heart failure. In 7 dogs the ...
- Cavana, Paola; Bensignor, Emmanuel; Blot, Stéphane; Carlus, Marine; Chermette, René; Crosaz, Odile; Grimm, Felix; Hurion, Murielle; Jeandel, Aurélien; Polack, Bruno
- Veterinary dermatology 2015 v.26 no.4 pp. 293
- Weimaraner, etc ; Angiostrongylus vasorum; DNA; adults; biopsy; chest; dermatitis; digestive system diseases; distress; dog diseases; dogs; eosinophils; females; fenbendazole; granuloma; heart; hemorrhage; histopathology; keratinophilic fungi; microbial culture; nematode larvae; nose; parasites; pneumonia; pododermatitis; radiography; skin lesions; veterinary medicine; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Angiostrongylus vasorum is a nematode that primarily infects Canidae. The adult parasites are found in the pulmonary arterial circulation and the right side of the heart. The most common clinical sign is respiratory dysfunction. Bleeding, neurological, ocular, cardiovascular and gastrointestinal disorders are also reported. Skin lesions are very unusual. HYPOTHESIS/OBJECTIVES: This rep ...