Jump to Main Content
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Organic letters 2015 v.17 no.14 pp. 3524-3527
- X-radiation; amino acids; chemical reactions; chemical structure; circular dichroism spectroscopy; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; organic compounds; peptides; temperature
- ... A new class of unnatural heterogeneous foldamers is reported to contain alternative α-amino acid and sulfono-γ-AA amino acid residues in a 1:1 repeat pattern. Two-dimensional NMR data show that two 1:1 α/sulfono-γ-AA peptides with diverse side chains form analogous right-handed helical structures in solution. The effects of sequence length, side chain, N-capping, and temperature on folding propens ...
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2015 v.137 no.14 pp. 4610-4613
- X-radiation; X-ray diffraction; crystal structure; electrochemistry; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; gold; ligands; nanomaterials; surface plasmon resonance
- ... Crystal structure determination has revolutionized modern science in biology, chemistry, and physics. However, the difficulty in obtaining periodic crystal lattices which are needed for X-ray crystal analysis has hindered the determination of atomic structure in nanomaterials, known as the “nanostructure problem”. Here, by using rigid and bulky ligands, we have overcome this limitation and success ...